Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This is a photo of the Teaching Steps on the Southern side of the Temple Mount. It is likely that pilgrims would have sung this song as they ascended these stairs to the Temple.

Psalm 130
A song of Ascents
Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD; Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
If you, LORD, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you. I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more then watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins
My prayer for you this day is that you have indeed put your hope in the LORD and that even now you feel His unfailing love.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea this blog is! And how wonderful that we can travel with you in this Holy Land! Thanks so much!
    Praying for safe travels, and for spiritual blessings! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous;- I had a trip similar to this planned when I was stationed in Germany. We where put on high alert for 2 weeks about that time and all leaves were cancelled. Mine would have started in Greese and then finished in Egypt. I got to se what old c-Rations taste like instead!! God's speed to both of you!! Evan Schmeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. How blessed we are to have the chance to follow your spiritual path each day. With prayers for a safe trip and blessings for a heart filled experience. Love, Brenda and Uncle Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take me with you in heart! I look forward to the updates each day. In faith,
    Robin Lester

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an experience and a blessing! Our trip has really made the Bible come alive. Recommended for all who can come. Thank you to our great hosts and leaders Paul, Peggy, Dan, and Claire.
    Rod and Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Remember to sign your comments!